Monday, November 2, 2009

red iguana (day 2)

red iguana, in salt lake city. raise your hand; who wants some mole? i do, i do, i do!!


chilaquiles: tortilla chips, fried with egg, salsa espanola, and mole poblano [guajillo & ancho dried chiles, peanuts, sesame seeds, walnuts, raisins, bananas & mexican chocolate]. liberally sprinkled with queso cotija, queso ranchero, and green onions; garnished with crema mexicana and two creamy, perfect avocado slices. let the freaking out begin. it was super-cute how our server, alvarado, was so happy that i was so happy.





1 comment:

  1. I love that you stopped here. When my friends lived in SLC the introduced me to this yummy establishment. Any time I went there I always begged to go to the Iguana. This place changed my ideas of mole.

    ReplyDelete